National Blueberry Muffin Day
July is National Blueberry Month – the peak of blueberries harvest.
North America is still the leading producer of this beloved blue fruit, accounting for up to 90% of the world’s supply.
Health benefits of blueberries include:
- Blueberries are among the highest anti-oxidant value fruits
- Blueberry is very low in calories. 100 g fresh berries provide only 57 calories. However they contain health-benefiting soluble dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and pigment anti-oxidants that contribute immensely for optimum health and wellness.
- More studies give blueberries a boost in importance for overall and preventative health.
Uses for blueberries:
- Can be used in smoothies, cereal, yogurt, sorbets, salads, main entrees, appetizers, snacks and desserts, including baked items.
- Blueberries are now available in the dried form; delicious for snacking and baking; as well as fresh, frozen and canned versions.
Recipe for “To Die For Blueberry Muffins”
can be found under Kitchen Love page