National “Have a Brownie” Day
If you enjoy chocolate … this is a great day for you.
At some point today, take a break and enjoy!
Grab a mug of coffee, tea or glass of cold milk (almond, rice etc)
2 Minute Microwave Brownie in a Mug
2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Half & Half
1 Tbsp Applesauce
Pinch of salt
Dash of vanilla
With the warning of “Beware!”, Sara at Compulsive Craftiness gives explicit directions on how to make this quick yummy treat. She uses clear photographs with each step. It should be easy to have your serving of brownie ready to eat by the time you brew your coffee, or mug of tea. Check her site out now for directions!
Microwave Single Serving Brownie in a Mug
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Few drops vanilla extract
- A dash salt
- A pinch instant coffee powder (optional)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- In a 12 oz coffee mug, mix water, oil, salt, vanilla and coffee, if using. Whisk well.
- Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
- Microwave for 60-75 seconds: 60 seconds for a molten bottom, 75 for uniformly done. I normally choose 60.
- Enjoy with a spoon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Careful, brownie will be hot.
Other Yummy Variations
Instant Fudgy Brownie Cake for One on Knuckle Salad
Single-Serving Fat-Free Whole Wheat Vegan Brownie Recipe
National Peppermint Patty Day
© by rgb for “On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea”, 2011 – 2012
Oh, my! Wonderful recipe! But I have to find out what ‘half and half’ is (don’t think we have it in England), before I try it out.
WA-AAAA-AAYYY too tempting, Becca! And to think, my mother told us we always had to wait until after supper!
Oh my! Oh my! Oh nom nom nom!
As a confirmed chocaholic, I will definitely have to try this!