Over the past several days, I have received at least 50+ spam comments using Banana Nut Muffins as the “catch phrase”; some hilarious while others not fit for respectable eyes, but none of them, having anything to do with muffins — banana or otherwise!
After eliminating the most recent batch, and since I have numerous over-ripe bananas on my counter, I decided I would look for a recipe for Banana Nut Muffins to make it relative. Besides, I need a Sunday afternoon snack for my cup of tea!
I found this Banana Nut Muffin recipe on Taste of Home website.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts)
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Yield: 6 muffins.
© rgb for “On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea”, 2011 – 2012