Someone asked me about the symbolism of the colors in tulips:
- Red tulip symbolizes love and romance.
- Pink Tulips- a symbol of caring, attachment (not as strong as love, like the red ones) and good wishes.
- White Tulips- representing purity, innocence, forgiveness and respect, to give with an apology.
- Cream-colored tulips are closely related and have a meaning of commitment.
- Purple Tulips- symbolizing royalty; also symbolizes rebirth
- Yellow Tulips- their meaning has evolved over time from representing hopeless love, to a more positive meaning of brightness and sunshine.
- Variegated Tulips – symbolize beautiful eyes because of their gorgeous color patterns.
© rgb for “On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea”, 2011 – 2013