MAY 30 – Today in Food History
• National Mint Julep Day
Summertime and fresh mint are a welcoming and entertaining duo.
In celebration of “Today in Food History”, I am going to mix up a batch of Mint Juleps – Virgin style. 😀
Care to join me?
1 large bunch fresh mint leaves, about 10 stems
1 bottle ginger ale (1 quart / 1 liter), chilled
1 cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
- Rinse mint leaves and remove stems
- Mix lemon juice, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill lemon juice mixture, and ginger ale.
- Pour chilled lemon juice mixture over mint leaves. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a large pitcher combine lemon juice – mint mixture with ginger ale. Add ice.
- Stir vigorously until well combined, and pitcher is chilled.
- Serve and enjoy!