Introducing our newest adopter
~ Bones ~
Bones arrived on our front porch at a “hefty” 4 lbs. – all bony and emaciated. The first week she was in the care of my husband; the second week, the care of our pet sitter during Thanksgiving week. I met her for the first time, Sunday night. Both Ray and our sitter, Julie tell me she has put on weight. She struggles with the decision — what is more important — attention or food? She manages to get both.
Vet appointment report:
- negative for Feline Immunodeficiency Virus — YEA YEA YEA
- Bones is female
- not a kitten — at least 7 years old
- now weighs 5.25 lbs.
- her mouth is like “hamburger meat” with infected teeth and gums
- 2 week round of antibiotics and pain meds
- sadly, more than likely, Bones was an indoor cat
- vet cannot determine how long she has been on her own or actual age
Next step — integrating Bones into an already full household! 😀
© rgb for “On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea”, 2011 – 2014